1. Our Commitment to You
We Will :
- Inform you as soon as possible when your application for a nursery place has been successful. You must confirm in writing, within one week of receiving notification that your application has been successful and that you still wish to take up the nursery place. If you do not, the nursery place may be withdrawn.
- Provide the agreed childcare facilities for your child at the agreed times (subject to any days when the nursery is closed).If we change the opening hours of the nursery, we will give you as much notice of our decision as possible and , if necessary work with you to agree a change to your child’s hours at the nursery.
- Try and accommodate any request to may make for any additional sessions
- Give priority to siblings when allocating place at the nursery. However we cannot guarantee that place will be available
- Provide you with regular verbal updates as to your child’s progress on request.
- Notify you as soon as possible of any days on which the nursery will be closed
2. Your Commitment to Oak Hill Montessori Nursery
We Will :
Complete and return to us our Information pack in respect of your child before they start at a our nursery and immediately inform us of any change to the information provides
- Keep us informed as to the identity of the person who will be collecting your child from the nursery. If the person collecting your child is not usually responsible for collecting them we will require written or verbal authority from you and the person collecting will need to provide proof of identity. If we are not reasonably satisfied that an individual is allowed t collect your child, we may not release you child into their care.
- Inform us if your child is the subject of a court order and provide us with copy of such order on request
- Immediately inform us if you are unable to collect your child from the nursery by the official collection time
- Inform us as far in advance as possible of nay dates on which your child will not be attending the nursery.
- Complete a medical consent form if you require our staff to administer any medicines to your child (whether there are prescribed or over the counter)
- For the benefit of other children in the nursery immediately inform us if your child is suffering from any contagious disease, under these circumstances you must not allow your child to attend the nursery.
- Provide us with at least 1 month’s written of your intention to increase/decrease the number of hours your child spends at the nursery or to withdraw your child from our nursery and end this Agreement. If insufficient notice is given you will be responsible for the full fees for your child for 1 month from the date of any changes as if their hours had not decreased.
3. Fee Payments
- The fees shall be paid on a monthly basis in advance. We calculate the amount of fees payable by you each month by multiplying your weekly fee by 52 weeks of the year dividing the total by 12. This will give 12 equal monthly payments.
- We may review the fees at nay time but shall inform you of the amount of the revises fees, you may end this agreement by giving us 1 month’s written notice.
- All payments made under this agreement shall be by direct debit. Under exceptional circumstances we may agree to payment by cheque or cash.
- Any additional sessions or times when you are unable to collect your child by the official collection time and as a result we have provided you with additional childcare, we shall charge you for such additional childcare monthly in arrears. We will amend the amount or your direct debit accordingly.
- If you fail to make nay payment in full on the due date, we reserve the right to charge interest on the amount unpaid at the rate of 2% above the base rate of our bank until we receive payment in full.
- Fees are payable during periods of absence from the nursery, including sickness, holidays and during public and bank holidays.
- If you child has been suspended you will be charged at a reduced rate.
- We may suspend the provision of childcare to your child at any time if:
- You have failed to pay your fees
- Your child’s behaviour at nursery is considered by us to be unacceptable or endangers the safety and well being of the other children at the nursery. The suspension shall continue whilst we try and address these problems with you.
- If the period of suspension exceeds 1 month, either of us may terminate.
- You may end this agreement at nay time by giving us at least 1 month’s notice in writing.
- We reserve the right to immediately end this agreement if:
- You fail to pay us
- You have breached any of your commitments to us under this agreement and you have not or can not put right that breach within a reasonable period of us asking you to
- Your child’s behaviour is unacceptable or endangers the safety and well being of the other children in the nursery
- We take the decision to close the nursery. We will give you as much notice as possible of such a decision.
- You may immediately end this agreement if we have breached any of our commitments under this agreement and we have not or can not put right that breach within a reasonable period after you have drawn it to our attention.
6. Employing Our Staff
If, during this agreement and for a period of 6 months after the termination of this agreement you directly or indirectly employ or otherwise engage the services of any member of our staff who has had contact with your child under this agreement in the last 6 months, you shall pay us a figure representing 20% of the relevant member of staff’s gross annual salary at the time they left our employment and/or services. This figure represents the cost to us of recruiting a suitable replacement member of staff.
- We have an obligation to report any instances where we consider that your child may be neglected or abused to the relevant authorities. We may also do so without your consent and/ or without informing you.
- If the nursery has to close or we take the decision that the nursery must close due to events or circumstances which are outside our control, we shall be under no obligation to provide alternative childcare facilities to you.
- If the closure exceeds 3 days in duration (excluding any days when the nursery would otherwise be closed, we will credit you with an amount that represents the number of days the nursery is closed in excess of 3 days.
- If you have any concerns regarding the service we provide to you, please contact the Nursery Manager.
- Unless we specifically request otherwise, your child should not bring any of their own toys to the nursery. If they do bring toys with them to nursery, we accept no reasonability for nay loss or damage to those toys which occurs whilst at nursery.
- From time to time we may have photographs taken of children who attend the nursery. These photographs may be used for promotional purposes. I you do not wish your child to be included in these photographs, you should write to the nursery and let them know.
- As the number of children with nut allergies is increasing with the support of parents we aim to keep the nursery Nut Free. Parents are requested not to send food or empty food packing into the nursery. Parents are also requested not to use creams, sun creams, oils etc on their child that may contain nut oil, e.g. Arachis, as this may have severe consequences to another child.
8. Opening Times
The nursery will open Monday to Friday, 7am to 7pm, 51 weeks of the year. We will close on bank holidays and from 22nd December over the Christmas period opening within the first week of January, and 3 days during the year for staff training, where this applies Normal Fees will apply. (Dates will be given in advance)
► Childcare Vouchers
► Tax Credits (Child Benefit)
► Nursery Education Grant
► HM Customs & Excise – Child Benefit
► HM Customs & Excise – Childcare
Oak Hill Montessori Nursery
54-60 Brookhill Road
East Barnet EN4 8SL
Tel: 0208 449 2238
Mobile: 074877 29274